California Construction News staff writer
San Bernardino County Fire, along with the City of San Bernardino, County of San Bernardino, and San Manuel Band of Mission Indians held a groundbreaking ceremony to launch the construction of the new Del Rosa Fire Station – the first new fire station in the city in more than two decades.
Station 226 will be located at 1920 North Del Rosa Avenue, replacing a building which was built in the 1950s. The new station will be more than twice the size of the current one. expanding from 4,300 square feet to 10,267 square feet.
The total cost of the station is $10.5 million, with $3.5 million being funded by the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians.
Construction on the station is expected to be completed in one year.