More than $68.5 million in state budget funding has been announced for construction projects in the City of San Diego – part of $485 million for projects and programs regionwide.
The single largest project to receive funding in the San Diego County region is improvements to the LOSSAN rail corridor, for which $300 million has been allocated. Another 185.5 million will go to dozens of projects across the region.
Funding includes $29.25 million for parks and recreation projects, $27.9 million for libraries, $7.3 million for cultural projects and $4.05 million to fund projects that promote green jobs and enhance public safety.
Projects to be funded include:
- Oak Park Library design and construction – $20 million
- Ward Canyon Park expansion, Normal Heights – $8 million
- Carmel Knolls Park comfort station, Carmel Mission Park comfort station, Sage Canyon Park concession building plus field renovation, Rancho Bernardo Community Park renovations, Black Mountain Mine Open Space environmental study, Canyonside Community Park Tennis Center expansion, and Peñasquitos Creek Neighborhood Park comfort station – $7 million
- Villa Montezuma museum restoration, Sherman Heights – $5 million
- Ocean Beach Library expansion – $4.5 million
- Clay Park Improvements, Rolando Village – $4 million
- San Diego Urban Sustainability Coalition, construction of a light office complex in Valencia Park – $3.3 million
- Olive Grove Community Park upgrades, Clairemont Mesa – $3 million
- South Clairemont Community Park recreation center upgrades – $2 million
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Swimming Pool upgrade, Encanto – $2 million
- Camino de la Costa Viewpoint coastal-access projects, La Jolla – $2 million
- University City Library expansion – $1.9 million
- New San Carlos Library, Phase 1 – $1.5 million
- San Diego Natural History Museum improvements, Balboa Park – $1.3 million
- Marston House restoration and repair – $1 million
- San Diego Family Justice Center – Your Safe Place, additional legal and community services for victims of domestic abuse, family violence and sex trafficking – $750,000
- Mountain View Park Sports Court improvements – $600,000
- Mountain View Sports Court tennis courts renovation at Martin Luther King, Jr. Park in Encanto – $500,000
- Serra Mesa trail improvements – $150,000